Upper Canada Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desco

Reaction score
Howdy

I've driven by Upper Canada Scuba about 13 times in the last two weeks and everytime I do its closed day or night. It's still open isn't it?. How does one pay the bills or make money when your closed seven days a week. I'm looking to sign up for tech programs any one know of any other facilities.

Desco

I think Mike has been out of town. Try tomorrow (Tuesday). I'm waiting to pick up my regs myself. Cozumel here I come... Actually kinda bummed out Red Seal actually dropped last minute prices down into the $800-900 range even for Occidental Grande!!! I paid 1100+ for Iberostar bout 2-3 weeks ago... :bonk:

Maybe after working all summer the're on holidays.

I went buy last week and there was no sign of them. I went by today and they where open. The guy in the store looked green around the gills and said he has had the kiddy sickness?:doctor:

Chet once bubbled...
I went buy last week and there was no sign of them. I went by today and they where open. The guy in the store looked green around the gills and said he has had the kiddy sickness?:doctor:

Could be.... Mike (and his his wife) became proud parents of twins last year.....

Thats the lamist exscuse I've ever heard for not having your shop open, you need to make money to survive and you need to have your doors open to make money.

Desco

Desco once bubbled...
Thats the lamist exscuse I've ever heard for not having your shop open, you need to make money to survive and you need to have your doors open to make money.
Desco
Riiiight. Let's all go to work and pass it along to as many customers as possible.
:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
An assistant to open when you're ill or away would be good planning, if cash flow allows. If not then at least a sign on the door, "closed due to illness" would be good, expected date of return even better. Since this is the off season, only those die hards (me) and people going South are likely to be needing fills (other stores are open) or service (should be getting it done well before a trip, not a week ahead and I'd like to dive it at least once before travelling very far) will really be inconvenienced.
If he's got twins at home and they're sick too, then in my life it's kids before everything else.

Groundhog246 once bubbled...

If he's got twins at home and they're sick too, then in my life it's kids before everything else.

Then you have your priorities right.

Bubble Boy once bubbled...

Then you have your priorities right.

They weren't always, but I think they are now. I've some aquaintances that don't understand my notion thatpart of the reason I don't go South, is I can't afford to take everyone. We're discussing a driving trip to Southern Florida next winter. Vacation time is so limited, that taking a week off, dumping the kids with someone and spending a huge portion of our "fun" money (if not all the years allowance) on a trip, just seems selfish. I know the argument is I work for it and I'm not speaking ill of those who choose to go. We live as a family, sail as a family, vacation as a family and hopefully in the next couple of years will dive as a family (as one kid is now old enough and the other soon).
We do get the occasional weekend away, my in-laws love to get the kids for a weekend now and then. I even get the occasional weekend all to myself. But the big trips to warm places will probably wait till we're a bit older and the kids are supporting themselves or I can affford to take us all.

Yep Mike was real sick last week. He's there now... give him a call or drop him an e-mail. He's got a web site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom