Venice Beach- Wed 20th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkyAce2004

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I havnt been diving in a few months, and I wanna get wet again. Anyone up for diving Venice beach? Show me where the 'boneyard' is? I wanna go diving for some sharks teeth. Ive got a new ranger I wanna try out before some of the bigger dives during the summer.

Also, ive only got a 3mm shorty. Think it will be good enough for the temps right now?

not a chance for me at least the temps are in the low 60s around 64 think the springs remember are 72 and they are still cold as heck so for 64 deg water i think you would probably need to rent a 5mil

The last report we got was that temps are running around 69 - 70.8. A little too cold for me with a shorty. I wear a 3 mil combo with hood. ( that gives me 6 mil at the core ) & 69 is my limit for being able to dive & be comfortable.

Zech and I went on Tuesday. Temp was 66. Vis was 20' and top to bottom, but was dropping rapidly due to the front we had move through.

Zech was diving a 3 mil (I was dry) and he called the dive due to cold. First time he's ever done that, and he's dove much colder than I would.l

outside of the water temps being in the mid 60s how are the conditions for Venice diving. Im hoping to fly down the first or second week of March to dive for sharks teeth.

so when will the temps pick back up again? i got registered back in sept, and im itching to go diving again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom