Weather in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robandliza

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All

Taking a trip down to the Keys in August and wondering what sort of temp and humidity I can expect
We will be coming down from Kissimmee which will be very hot and humid with daily thunderstorms I imagine. Can we expect the same in the Keys or will it just be hot without the humidity and thunderstorms

At the moment we're looking at a 3 night trip but may extend to 5 nights if we can be without the humidity

Thanks

Rob

Keep it at 3...

Hi All

Taking a trip down to the Keys in August and wondering what sort of temp and humidity I can expect
We will be coming down from Kissimmee which will be very hot and humid with daily thunderstorms I imagine. Can we expect the same in the Keys or will it just be hot without the humidity and thunderstorms

At the moment we're looking at a 3 night trip but may extend to 5 nights if we can be without the humidity

Thanks

Rob
You can expect high temps - though rarely much over 90; and you will see some high humidity, however because of the sea breeze, it will be lower and feel more comfortable than central FL, which in August can really be uncomfortable.

Normal weather pattern is for thunderstorms in the afternoon - you are in FL, not Arizona, on the water, so humidity is a fact of life especially in the summer.

OTOH, the water is warm - can be 88 that time of year - and that is the time we can experience flat seas - so in many ways its a good time to go to the Keys.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom