P.T. Teti (5/25/08) and a Pout photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIOceanographer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My good buddy Earl was nice enough to take Matt, Ed, Brian and I out today to dive the P.T. Teti and then a second dive on the Gooseberry Arches. Both dives were fantastic. The seas were also pretty flat until the end of the day.

On the Teti the temp at 100 ft was about 47 degrees and the vis was around 20 ft. We dove in a couple of seperate teams on this dive with Brian and I going second. This was also Brian's first NE Wreck dive, and the Teti seemed like a nice choice for it. It is an easy dive on a sandy bottom with typically decent vis, and usually not much in the way of a current. It is also a relatively small perfectly upright and intact wreck so it is very easy to navigate. Classic Hollywood wreck. I am sure Ed will post video later. I took some shots, but the only one worth noting is this one of a Pout:

pout.jpg

For dive two we hit the Gooseberry Arches (batteries were low so I skipped the camera on dive 2). Plenty of tautog and the vis was generally around 20 ft though it places dropped closer to 10. Water temp was 53 at the bottom. The last time we went we didn't know where the arches were and missed them, this time half of us found it (Ed, Brian and I all saw it, Earl and Matt weren't as lucky but now they at least know where to look for next time).

Hope the rest of you got to take advantage of the awesome conditions today!

I've gotta say that was a pretty cool trip for my first NE wreck/boat dives. When you have a chance, please shoot me the rest of the pics/vids to bful88@yahoo.com. I think that still shot of me may be my new avatar! Thanks again for the invite. Now we just need Ed to post his video(s). I think he got some good footage of me under the arch so I'm looking forward to viewing it. Will wait to see how Odin plays things this week. Hopefully we didn't taunt him too much on Sunday :D.

Hi,

Well here it is, sorry for the delay. We had a great time with all the friends and the new dip monster.

Yeah, what's this I hear about dipping a cookie in the stuff? Either it's that good, or someone needs to make better cookies! :coffee:

Yeah, what's this I hear about dipping a cookie in the stuff? Either it's that good, or someone needs to make better cookies! :coffee:

mmmmm, french onion chocolate chip!!! Good stuff after a dive. Helluva even went quite well with a sandwich :D

So am I the only one who couldn't view Ed's video?? It downloaded ok, came out as a mp4 format, tried quicktime and got the sound of bubbles but just a black screen.

It played okay for me using the latest Mac version of Quicktime (7.4.5).

I had to download it, but just got the video to play. Gotta admit, that HD rig of his does a great job. And he wasn't lying about that raven, he must have spooked it far away from the net as it was clearly gone when you and I hit the deck.

Well here it is, sorry for the delay.[/url]

Looks good.

I also forgot to mention the dorsal fin in my report! :D

After our dive on the Teti we were sitting on the boat snacking and one of the guys spotted a dorsal fin breaking the surface near the boat. Whatever it was, it was just lounging around slowly and periodically popping up and down.

Naturally I did what any normal person would do on seeing a mysterious dorsal fin near the boat: I threw my mask and fins on, grabbed my camera and jumped in the water after it to see if I could get a better look! Unfortunately, I spooked it when I tried to approach and it dove never to be seen again. Though before anyone thinks I am totally nuts, I could at least see it well enough to know I wasn't jumping in the water to chase a big white shark or anything like that. :D

hey Ed! nice video! my download didn't work at first...audio ok, but a white screen... downloaded the latest Quicktime and that fixed the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom