Clark Hill/Lake Thurmond 6/8/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Two nice dives yesterday. 1:04 dive time, max depth 97' and 55 min dive time, max depth 96'. Yes the water is warming. This brings good and bad news. The good news is that in the top 10' the water is almost so warm you could overheat in a 7mm :D. It actually feels like a sauna when ascending from depth. Bad news is that thermoclines are developing (lousy vis from 19' - 30' (3-4'), good vis above and below. We had 15-20' on the walls. The cool temps (lower 60's) at depth sure felt great with 101 degree surface air temps! The new bouy is starting to mess with our dive profile as it is located just off the wall with extra line. If the wind is blowing east to west, it pushes the line over the wall - snag time. Crawdads on the 80 and 100' walls. Saw a small school of stripers. We are diving next Sat. am (9a). Not sure about Sunday as this is father's day.

We should be coming through between 11 and noon on Sat.. We'll stop by to say hey.

I ride a sportbike. It get's better fuel milage than a Harley. When I drive good I get 53MPG. I've been thinking about stuffing most of my thing in my bag and trying to ride up that way on it. Maybe barrow some of your tanks and pay you for the gas fills.

I ride a sportbike. It get's better fuel milage than a Harley. When I drive good I get 53MPG. I've been thinking about stuffing most of my thing in my bag and trying to ride up that way on it. Maybe barrow some of your tanks and pay you for the gas fills.

Heck, I've been thinking about getting the new diver SUV- moped with some sort of a pull cart (SUV=Small Useable Vehicle). Heck, nitrox "gas" is still probably cheaper than unleaded regular (of course with ethanol/flex fuel which has driven up food costs).:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom