New Hampshire Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain Walt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am out of Savannah Ga. and am headed up North to New Hampshire. I am just starting my search for dive sites and operators. If anyone could help with my search it would be apretiated. I am not sure about the details of my trip yet but know I can't be out of the water for to long.

Thank y'all for the help....in advance.

I am from NH, we only have 17 miles of coastline, so the ocean diving in state is limited. Sometimes we dive lakes locally (easy cleanup). However, Maine and Mass. are very close by and have tons of good shore diving. Cape Neddick (Nubble Light) in York, ME. is good if you are north and Cape Ann (Gloucster, Rockport, etc..) in Mass to the south are nice spots. I have not done dive boats locally, but have hear good things about Cape Ann Divers.

If Cape Ann is convenient, check out Fran Marcoux on Daybreaker ((508) 873-8339 or (508) 335-6339) or Cape Ann Divers (www.capeanndivers.com). I have been on both and never had a complaint. There are also several shore dive locations there. I've only done 1 N.H. ocean dive and loved it, the Seal dive at the Isle of Shoals was great (there are a few threads in this forum that can help point you in the right direction).

Where will you be in N.H.? People will have a better idea of what to suggest.

Keep in mind that the water up here rarely goes above 60 degrees at te surface, you will want at least a 7mm wetsuit (or a dry suit).

Have fun in New Hampshire!

Here is southern Maine we have much more that just Nubble Light, check us out.

Pete

Last edited:
Thank y'all for this information. When I lock in my travel plans....going to see possible new inlaws....daughter and her fiance have been asking me to come up. (Why they can't come down??? I'll never know.) I told them only if I can dive in any puddle. LOL I will study your information....it all will be helpful. Thank you very much for your responses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom