Dive buddy needed for this coming weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OneBadBusa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am in desperate need of some underwater time before Sept.
I will be in Mystic this coming weekend from Thursday thru Sunday 7/24 - 7/27 and will have 3 full tanks. I have only dove once in Stonington. I have a 25' Larson with a full tank of gas or we can Surf dive which ever you prefer. Anyone with some spare time and a little patience would be much appreciated. I'm 49 years old and was certified the end of July 06

What is the radius of travel you are willing to do. I'm eager to get out diving this weekend if conditions are good. I may have an idea or 2

For a new diver we have the Lightburn off Block Island at 20 ft and another shallow wreck. We have the Mary Arnold at 50ft off Charleston beach RI. We have the Olienda behind Fischers Island at 15 ft and other areas. The Onondega is a good dive but it has to be done at slack for 50-60 min at 50ft off Watch Hill RI.

Last edited:
Hey One Bad,

A friend and I are in that area on Wednesday. We were planning on diving in Groton. I know you said you were going to be in the area on Thursday-Sunday, but if you want to come on Wednesday and meet us, by all means send me a PM. We're newbies too, certified last August and trying to get some dives in before our AOW in a few weeks.

Can't go Wednesday. Work and school. Block sounds great if the waves aren't too high. Fishers is supposed to be great in a couple of areas I've been old

Well Im on a 4 day work week and will be off Friday. If conditions seem right by Thursday, give me a hollar if you'de like me to dive with ya.

If the ocean is too rough, maybe we can do an inland lake. We have to be careful, the ECON Police in our office are really working hard this year as its one of the deadliest years we have had on CT waters. All sorts of crazy things are happening and boat accidents are on the rise as a lot of boaters are probably not going out to sea due to gas prices. So maybe we carry 2 flags with us if we do a lake.

I would have to agree with the boating part of that. I like to leave things to more experianced people. I have a flag and am up for what you guys decide is the best thing to do. As long as I am under water it doesn't really matter where. I am always up to taking the boat out when the weather is cooperating so this won't be the only time this summer if we have to settle for some place inland.

Back
Top Bottom