Anyone Diving in Tasmania in June? - Looking for buddies/options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeke XA3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Queensland - Australia - Most of the time
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Im up in Launceston for the next 6 weeks on a course and really want to get down to Hobart and do some diving.

I currently have weekends off, the long weekend of the 10/11/12 and a longer weekend of 29/30 June 1/2 July

Im looking to hire a car and drive down on a friday night and back on a sunday night (unless long weekend)

Ive registered my interest with Eaglehawk for every weekend form now until 2 July but apart from the June 10/11 which is a full private charter for a group, they dont have a single other person interested in diving.

So if anyone was thinking of going out......

Ive brough a new drysuit down to use so i can stay nice an toasty (im a tropical diver normally) ill be a little slow on the first descent due to new drysuit but a competent buddy. Id really like to do the sea caves and see some sea dragons!

Just reaching out in case any one else is around.

You've picked a good time to come - see Combined Clubs Weekend 2023 - this is a pretty major event held at Bicheno on the June long weekend each year - you will meet about 100 other divers and from there you will have plenty of dive buddies for the rest of your stay

Awesome, thanks for this, ive contacted the CCW and the local club to see if its something i can tag into to get some diving in!

Hopefully they have space for a stray and i can do some diving.

Awesome, thanks for this, ive contacted the CCW and the local club to see if its something i can tag into to get some diving in!

Hopefully they have space for a stray and i can do some diving.
You should be able to fit in with the plans. Used to be awesome diving there but I have heard that the urchins have done some damage

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom