Computer advice welcome

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdvaughn

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am in the market for a new dive computer. I kind of like the idea of air integrated hoseless, although I read pros and cons in this forum. The idea of a watch style appeals to me, although I'm also concerned about the small size of the face after being used to my console. Considering Oceanic Atom 1.0 or 2.0. Any constructive suggestions would be appreciated.

If your eyes are good an Oceanic Atom 1.0 or 2.0 is a fine dive computer but the question is do you need a dive computer the size of a watch? If the size of the display is a concern then the Oceanic VT3 will fit you better.
I happen to own both computers I started with the VT3 and when my wife started to dive gave it to her. I have since purchased an Atom 1.0 and then used it as a trade in for an Atom 2.0

To each his ...or her...own, but I like the old puck style on the left wrist. I never have to worry about losing transmitter connection....I just have to hold up my left arm during ascent with my corrogated hose in my left hand and watch my computer as I rise. I can also see if any boat has approached at the last minute.....yada yada.

Good luck with your choice and I hope it works out for you.

I like the TUSA IQ700 but is not Air integrated

I have an Aeris NIB A.I. for sale still $650 + shipping
look here

aeris_epic_complete2.gif

Thanks for the advice. I have read about a hundred forum discussions about computer preferences, and the concensus seems to be that there is no concensus. However, I it appears that most of the more experienced divers prefer wrist mounts to consoles; then the question is hoseless or not.

Most of the transmitter issue were on the first generation wireless AI. The new oceanic have allot better range. I have a Aeris T3 and my wife has a oceanic VT3. As we prefer the larger numbers. Neither has any signal issue, no matter where I have my wrist. And if I swim within 8-10 feet of my wife we can check each others air remaining.

So I would go for the the Atom 2.0 if you are concern about the earlier problems with the wireless.

Back
Top Bottom