2008 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, kickoff is only to the 2008 SEC Football Season is only about a month away! First game is August 30th.

sec.gif

We've had this thread for the past few years in Deep Dixie Divers, so time to start the 2008 version of it.

For the complete SEC Schedule, check out www.secsports.com - 2008 SEC Team-by-Team Football Schedule

Also the ever popular "2008 SEC Helment Schedule" (click thumbnail below to enlarge).

the 2008 AP Pre-Season Poll has this

Rank Team Record Votes Previous
1 LSU (60) 12-2 1,620 2
2 Georgia (3) 11-2 1,515 4
3 USC (1) 11-2 1,500 6
4 Missouri 12-2 1,347 7
5 Ohio State 11-2 1,346 1
6 West Virginia 11-2 1,342 11
7 Kansas (1) 12-1 1,303 8
8 Oklahoma 11-3 1,139 3
9 Virginia Tech 11-3 1,096 5
10 Boston College 11-3 962 14
10 Texas 10-3 962 17
12 Tennessee 10-4 904 16
13 Florida 9-4 685 9
14 Brigham Young 11-2 654 19
15 Auburn 9-4 648 22
16 Arizona State 10-3 587 12
17 Cincinnati 10-3 566 20
18 Michigan 9-4 508 NR
19 Hawaii 12-1 460 10
20 Illinois 9-4 443 13
21 Clemson 9-4 353 15
22 Texas Tech 9-4 308 NR
23 Oregon 9-4 253 NR
24 Wisconsin 9-4 202 18
25 Oregon State 9-4 110 NR

The Cat-N-Around has Sirius Radio for Game Day so lets plan some Game Day Dives.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

When did we all get two off weeks or "Bye Weeks"?

So what are all the Tennessee Fans saying about Phil Fulmer getting served court papers?

The Bama fans should be thanking Fulmer, not trying to hang him. They'd still be dealing with M. Dubois (spelling?), sanctions, fines, blah, blah, instead of getting better with Saban if it wasn't for the Great Pumpkin.
:D
Oh Yeah, GO VOLS !

When did we all get two off weeks or "Bye Weeks"?

I noticed that also.... what's up with that?

I don't think it's a bad thing, but they also have forced the "last regular season game" into Thanksgiving weekend also. Since that last game is often the "state rival game" it means it's often hard to attend if you want to go and also visit family the same weekend.

I think they did the "Two Bye's" to force all the teams to play their last game over Thanksgiving.... Why? because some teams were taking off the week before the SEC Championship and some teams that played in that game had a game the weekend before. So you've got two teams that are playing for the SEC Championship that may not be "equally rested" or didn't have an extra week to prepare....

WOOT! I am new to the board and I started a thread about college football in another section!

floridagators.gif

AGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!:banghead: I just realized this means Iron Bowl 2008 will be on the second (and last) day of the early waterfowl season!!! The decisions a fella is forced to make these days. LOL:shakehead:

The Bama fans should be thanking Fulmer, not trying to hang him. They'd still be dealing with M. Dubois (spelling?), sanctions, fines, blah, blah, instead of getting better with Saban if it wasn't for the Great Pumpkin.
:D

Yeah.... I think a lot of the Fulmer Supeona is just about a group of people who got caught and trying to shift the blame....

WOOT! I am new to the board and I started a thread about college football in another section!

We've gotten where we do a SEC Football thread about every year and put it in Deep Dixie Divers since that forum best covers the SEC and folks in that area...

so welcome to Scubaboard and the SEC Thread also! :D

AGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!:banghead: I just realized this means Iron Bowl 2008 will be on the second (and last) day of the early waterfowl season!!! The decisions a fella is forced to make these days. LOL:shakehead:

yeah... I really just don't like it when they moved the Iron Bowl to the same as Thanksgiving weekend. It really just messes things up. I mean beforehand, the 3rd weekend in November was almost a "state holiday" as everyone in the state focused the ENTIRE weekend just on the Iron Bowl. It was the only day of the year that I think that Walmart is empty! :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom