Vortoberfest offshore dive trip 10/18/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LIVES4SHARKS

SHARK DIVA AI
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well it seems that there is alot of interest for our offhsore dive trip this year! I have made arrangements to try a new charter company. PANAMA CITY DIVE CHARTERS Scuba diving and Spearfishing offshore of Panama City and Panama City Beach. This is a private trip so it will only be us Scubaboarders! So we can pack in as many as we like! There is a 15 diver maximum due to comfort! We need our space y'know!

After talking at length with the owner and captain, I feel really happy to be arranging this dive trip with him. From the website, you can get the information on tanks and cost. If you have your own tanks, he can accomodate larger tanks like mine and Krak's steels. I have been contacted by a few of you to add you to the trip. Please post if you would like to come along. We will be leaving at 7am Sat. morning, so please make your festivity plans accordingly. :D

Now, these dive sites offshore are considered advanced dives due to depths of up to 100', some currents, and sometimes poor visibility. We are hoping for good conditions but as always, the Gulf can be unpredictable.

If you have any questions, please PM me or ask them here.

OUR DIVE TEAM SO FAR:

LIVES4SHARKS
Krak
YellowAngelFish
500PSI
Mrjimboalaska
Flightlead
Doll Fin (if someone can bring her happy butt over to Florida :D)

Can't wait to get in the water with y'all!
Carolyn:sharks:

Ps: Krak will have the van and trailer to help transport us. I am also going to drive my Rav if we need to accomodate more divers!

Last edited:
OUR DIVE TEAM SO FAR:

LIVES4SHARKS
Krak
YellowAngelFish
500PSI
Mrjimboalaska
Flightlead
Doll Fin (if someone can bring her happy butt over to Florida :D)
Paulwall (maybe)

L4S,

When do you want our money and what is the cutoff date for refunds/backouts ???

the K

L4S,

When do you want our money and what is the cutoff date for refunds/backouts ???

the K
Krak, just like last spring, we will just pay the day of the dives. I will give Pat the final number the week of Vortoberfest. He is happy to take as few as 3 divers out and at this point, we have more than that, that have confirmed. The only reason we would have to no go it is if the weather/seas do not cooperate.

Yeah, but keep in mind that there is probably a minimum cost for the charter.

$800 or so split 3 ways can make an awfully expensive dive!!!

the K

I just found this thread! I am looking forward to having you guys and gals aboard in October. Let me know if I can answer any questions or help with anything. My cell is 850.624.2084 and email is patrickmgreen@gmail.com. I am alittle sporadic on my forums participation so those are the best ways to reach me.

-K
My minimum is three divers at the per person rate ($80 inshore, $90 offshore, and $100 for a three tank trip) as applicable to the trip. The advantage of being owner operated is not having to pay a Captain so my operating costs are lower and I can get away with running smaller trips instead of packing everybody on cattle boat style.

Trying to figure the logistics... If I can get it to work, I'm definitely in...

LIVES4SHARKS
Krak
YellowAngelFish
500PSI
Mrjimboalaska
Flightlead
Doll Fin (if someone can bring her happy butt over to Florida
04.gif
)
Paulwall (maybe)
BKP (maybe)

Looks like you might have a full boat with us CPT PAT!

Last edited:
Hey, L4S . . .

Is this going to be a 2 or 3 tank dive?

And is that leaving Vortex at 0700 or leaving the dock at 0700?

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom