Where to rent tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhlee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi guys,

My wife and I are going to be in the Boston area and diving with Cape Ann Divers on 9/13. I'm looking for suggestions on where we can rent tanks. We're looking for 4 single steel tanks (LP80, HP100 something like that) and 2 AL80's of 32%. Alternatively, 2 sets of steel doubles instead of the 4 singles would be fine too.

Any pointers would be appreciated

thanks,
-Rob

What Altitude said...just arrange them through Cape Ann Divers. It's by far the most convenient option, particularly if you're planning on doing any shore diving on Cape Ann in addition to your boat diving with them (and there aren't any other options on Cape Ann that I'm aware of....)

When I talked to them, they said they don't pump nitrox...

I'll be staying in Burlington, so i'm willing to drive a little bit (within reason) to hit other shops... I just don't know where they are.

Freedom Diving is also in Gloucester. I have never done business with them (they are relatively new and I have not been diving much the last couple of years) so I don't know about the nitrox.

Freedom Diving Corp. - Home

There's a dive shop in Burlington (Burlington Scuba) but AFAIK they don't pump nitrox either.

Northeast Scuba in Chelmsford is not too far from Burlington (maybe 20 minutes as long as it's not rush hour.) Though it's kinda the wrong direction, not on the way to Cape Ann. But it's a tech oriented shop that I think rents doubles and may have more tank options than some places.

This site has a list of shops. I'm not sure how up to date it is.

Shops

somewhat out of date. I know East Coast divers closed the Framingham location a while back, and Aqua Shack closed up years ago. It's missing PGDive, which has been around for a few years at least.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom