Trip Planning: Jan. 15 to March 2, 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Cool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Note: I have posted a similar invite before under the general PPD forum. I am placing this one under “Trips and Local Market Place” so it (this thread) will stay fresh longer.

I will be staying with family in Manila from Jan. 15 to March 2. I am planning some dives around the Philippines but so far nothing is firm yet. What is definite, though, is a weekend check-out and fun dives at Anilao on Jan. 23, 24 and 25, to make sure I am properly weighed and all my gear is working OK. I am keeping the rest of my itinerary open until the last minute so my dive plans will remain quite flexible. I am tempted to do a Puerto Galera – Apo Reef run since I am already at Anilao but the cost of a single diver at these locations is making me think twice about it. I would be better off aiming for other better or comparable dive locations that are more single diver friendly.

If anyone is planning a drip trip in the Philippines during that time, it would be great if we can get together as a group, enjoy each other's company and avail of group packages (or lower dive rates especially the boat rental). The more, the merrier. As for the destinations, these can be discussed and coordinated. PM me if you are interested.

Phil:eyebrow:

I know you'll have an amazing time, Phil, regardless of where in the PI you wind up. Sorry I won't be able to join you on any dives... my plans, which are still unconfirmed, won't have me there until March at the earliest. Be sure to post a trip report! :wink:

maybe we could join you in anilao for a couple of dives or beers :D where will you be staying?
Jonix,

My brother's a big fan of Planet Dive since that's where his group goes during the weekend. I don't really have a preference. I'll just tag along with him since he seems to be familiar with the house reef and the people at Planet Dive. Any other Anilao recommendations? It would be nice to meet up for a couple of dives and just hang-out (I don't and cannot drink alcohol:D).

Phil

Be sure to post a trip report! :wink:

Annasea,

Will do! Acutally, I am planning to keep a journal of my romp around the Philippines. I still don't have an underwater camera (too bad!) so I will just be taking some surface photos.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom