Diving in Palawan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danish

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Guys,

I'm going to Philippines next month and plan to stay for 5 weeks. My first time in the PH. First stop will be Busuanga in Palawan for some wreck diving before starting with a PADI DM course (I'm a PADI Rescue diver). I was thinking about going to Panglao to do the course but if Palawan is nice I am thinking why not do it there?! :wink:

So I was wondering if any of you guys who has been to Palawan can give me some advice:

1) what's the diving like (big fish, small fish, corals, etc?) ?
2) how are the beaches ? Are we talking white-sand Boracay-style or are the beaches just "average"?
3) I would like to hear from anyone who actually took the DM there regarding recommendations for dive op + accomodation
4) in case I decide to go to Panglao for the DM course I am wondering if I can just show up and check out the dive ops there in stead of booking in advance. It would pretty much suck to book something in advance just to find out that it's no good. Anyone who did a DM in pangloa who just went there without booking in advance?

Looking forward to hear from you. Stay wet! :lotsalove:

Danish

I highly recommend that you go to Puerto Galera if you want to learn the craft of diving professionally. I also recommend that you do your DIVEMASTER CANDIDATE work under Ethei Robrigado of THE DIVE DOJO (in Puerto Galera). I tailor my DIVEMASTER CANDIDATE training after Ethei's style and it works. If you are going to become a DIVEMASTER and use it as a step toward becoming an INSTRUCTOR then you need to train where divers are trained. PG is an excellent choice. Let me know if you need help.

Danish,
I just returned from a week in Busuanga, I dove with a local company called Coron Divers. The owner a gentleman named Arni I. Pabelonio was very professional and I am sure that he could give you an excellent "hands on" Dive Master Course. Please check out his website Home - www.corondivers.com.ph for more information. There is not a great deal of night life in Coron Town but if you want good diving and training I think it is a good choice..

Sincerly,
Roger Carraway
PADI MASTER INSTRUCTOR...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom