:Gulp: My ITC starts Monday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZoCrowes255

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Wish me luck. I have been assisting with class for more than a year and a half and I think I shall do well but I am still a little nervous. Hopefully by the middle of next month I will be a NAUI Instructor!

Wishing you luck would be redundant, you'll do fine. Instead, I'll wish you FUN! I'm in my ITC right now, I'm having a blast. My GF is in her ITC as well, she's getting WORKED, but she's doing hers 7 days a week. *since* God have mercy on her poor brain. Eh, she'll be done may 16, me, I'm puttering along a few days a week on the "Leizure track". Don't be nervous, this is supposed to be FUN! Otherwise, why do it? Enjoy it, these are GOOD times..

-Dennis

ZoCrowes255 once bubbled...
Wish me luck. I have been assisting with class for more than a year and a half and I think I shall do well but I am still a little nervous. Hopefully by the middle of next month I will be a NAUI Instructor!

where are you at and who is doing yours? I got Wayne Mitchell and at LEAST a dozen other trainers when I did mine. We only had two candidates... yes, it was tough.

Way to go!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing IDC with PADI as of the beginning of May, so we're more or less in the same situation!

Keep us updated!

Hey congradulations,

Keep an open mind, there's a lot to learn.
Enjoy yourself and have fun (two prerequisits for an ITC)

Let us all know how it went, what you liked, disliked, expectations, surprizes etc.

It's been 25 years since my ITC, I've assited on a few since then, but things change, and each Course Director/Instructor trainor has his own special techniques and preferences.

Mike D
NAUI 4780
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If it ain't diving, it ain't happenin"

I am sure you will do fine.

Chad

NetDoc once bubbled...
where are you at and who is doing yours? I got Wayne Mitchell and at LEAST a dozen other trainers when I did mine. We only had two candidates... yes, it was tough.

It's being done in Louisville, KY and its being conducted by Ray Scott, Norb Thorpe and Clark Fitch (Course Directors) and the IT's are Lanny Atherton and Pat Walker. There are a few Instructors who are sitting in hoping to get their ITs soon. There are 2 new Candidates including myself and two other guys who they felt were not ready last time around to get their instructor rating.

Too cool peeps,

After my rescue cert coming up, I think I am going to do the rest of my training in Bonaire or someplace similiar. I'm looking forward to continuing on.

Good luck and be safe.

have fun.

Like NetDoc I had Wayne Mitchell and a host of IT's who out numbered the students 3 to 1. Sounds like you will be outnumbered also:) I wish I had the hours in to get started on my IT.

If you've been assisting for a while, you'll do fine! :wink:

I'm just finnishing up. It's been a lot of hard work, and a lot of fun too!
We're going to the Keys to do our open water requirements. :) Then we'll be ready when the dive season starts in Western New York.

Back
Top Bottom