Ferry question Dumaguete to Tagbilaran

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ekapoo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We will be in Dumaguete this Feb and we are planning to catch the ferry from Dumaguete to Tagbilaran during our trip. We were told by the resort we have booked in Dumaguete that we most likely won't be able to get tickets the day of travel because they will be sold out. I went on to Ocean Jet's website and tried to reserve tickets for this ferry trip, but although they offer this route, they don't have it as an option for reservations. Only Tagbilaran to Dumaguete, not the other way around. I tried to contact Ocean Jet but have had no luck getting a response. Do I need to buy these tickets in advance? If so, will I be able to get two tickets when we arrive in Dumaguete 4 days prior to ferry trip? Are there any other options besides Ocean jet or flying to get from Dumaguete to Tagbilaran?
Thanks for the help in advance!

I tried the dumaguete-tagbilaran ocean jet a couple times. i think they don't accept reservations that far in advance. try getting them a few days before your trip, or get to the ferry terminal real early on the day you plan to leave.

as a second option, you can go the long route, dgte-cebu-tag. its gonna take a lot longer though.

IMO, the resort should be able to handle that or at least help you out.

Best option ------> dumaguete-tagbilaran ocean jet

i tried the dumaguete-tagbilaran ocean jet a couple times. I think they don't accept reservations that far in advance. Try getting them a few days before your trip, or get to the ferry terminal real early on the day you plan to leave.

As a second option, you can go the long route, dgte-cebu-tag. Its gonna take a lot longer though.

Imo, the resort should be able to handle that or at least help you out.

there will always be seats for you if you buy the ticket at least 1 hour before departure time. that was how it always works...maybe except holy week, nov 1&2 and christmas time...

like what neu said, it is best to ask the resort's assistance on this to save you the hassle.

There is another possibility you may wish to investigate. When I was diving Bohol w/ Sea Explorers (Alona Beach) I was able to transfer to Sea Explorers in Dauin via Balicasag. They can sometimes coordinate boat transfer, and you get to do a couple of great dives instead of wasting a day waiting for ocean jet.

not sure about the ferry but i know you cant fly to anywhere except manila from dumaguete

hehe, I think what Matt means is that you cannot get a flight to/from Duma from/to anywhere else in the Philippines BUT manila. :)

(essentially you agree with each other)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom