Sohier point/Nubble Light 11/5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
Took adv. of warm weather, light southerly winds to sneak out of work to get a dive in. Nubble was a lake today and conditions were great. Water temp is still 50 degrees at depth (70 fsw) Officially changed over to Dry Suit. Probably would have been fine diving wet but was diving w/ my doubles for a longer bottom time. The vis is better than usual. 30 fsw. I wasn't the only one there. As I arrived, there were a pair of students exiting along with their instructor. Also, I met another diver going in for 2nd dive at Nubble to take underwater shots.

Taking advantage of calm conditions, I ventured to the other side of the island following the edge of rocks/island. Still lots of bugs out there. 60 min bottom time.

Looking forward to getting out again. Will be there again the sat after Thanksgiving for the annual Lighting of the Nubble. Our dive club puts a christmas tree down in afternoon and raise the lit tree up as the lighthouse is lit up. For more info, go to

Welcome to York Parks and Recreation Department's 2008/2009 Winter/Spring Programs!

Thanks for the dive report!

See any interesting critters?

Glad to hear the water temp is holding. I'm hoping to get up there in the next few weeks, if the weather allows. Sounds like you had great conditions.

Dave C

Unfortunately, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.. Those that dive with me tell me I need to slow down as missing so many things to see. I've seen many of Torpedo Rays and run into the coolest schools of bait fish in the past. The other diver there who was taking pics said he saw a few neat small critters.

Sounds like you had a good day. Today's weather was fantastic for early November. I'll have to try to get one more dive in at Nubble before the end of the year (wet suit diver).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom