Reef Check

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amanda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Maybe this thread is useless because you all know about the "Reefcheck Project", but in Europe it is not very well known, so I thought it's good to give everyone a chance to take a look at this...

Check this great project !

I think that kind of actions will make tomorrow's world feel and even look a little better. At least I hope so. :)

Well I didn't know... and I'm in the states. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that picture on the homepage of the guy using DYNAMITE to catch fish.

Seems like a great organization. I agree with you Amanda organizations like this will hopefully help make a difference in tomorrow's world.

:D

Thanks, great link.
Happy to see we have a reefcheck coordinator in South Africa.
Will be contacting him and distributing the info to diving friends.
We have a serious problem on our reefs with illegal trawlers on our reefs at night.

I'm looking forward to beng able to do a Reefcheck session myself. Problem is, where do you find the scientist that is obliged to be with you on the site (for coordination)...

French groups are doing a Polynesia trip soon... I wanna goooooo!!!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom