Oceanic Pro Plus 2 Vs. the VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bmk67

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am new to Scubaboard and have a question. I am torn between two Oceanic Computers. I would like to hear everyones thoughts on the Pro Plus 2 and the VT3. I am going to be buying one of those two and would love some help making up my mind.

My husband and I just switched from the Pro Plus 2 (and Aeris Ai) to VT3s. LOVE that it's hoseless vs. carrying the "brick" of the hosed console AI computer. Since my husband is a photographer and often is focused on his subject, I like being able to buddy check his air more to give me peace of mind than anything.

Basically the Pro+2 and VT3 are very similar computers in function for the typical recreational diver. Your real choice is whether you want to go hoseless or with a hosed console.

I completely agree with DiveMaven here. The big difference is the hosed vs. hoseless and a slightly smaller display on the VT3. I loved it when I went hoseless, no console to strap to the BC was great and with an SS1 I only have 2 hoses on my Reg system. I'm sure someone will point out soon that there's more things to go wrong with a hoseless computer so you have to weigh the +'s and -'s and figure out what you are the most comfortable with.

I sure like my Pro Plus2. The large numbers are handy for my old eyes!

I owned a VT3 and think it's a very nice computer but the small display for watching ascent or descent rate plus the ATR make this computer just a tad difficult to love.

The PSI display is great nice and large but if you're a fan of big digits the Pro plus 2 will win hands down.

I sold my VT3 and purchased the Galileo SOL which gives me everthing my VT3 did and much more but with an added twist, a very large display.

MG

I love my VT3. I am going to buy a second transmitter for my pony. You can use up to 3 different transmitter at a time. You can use them for you or your buddyÃÔ tank. It is nice so you know how much air is in your buddyÃÔ tank.

I sure like my Pro Plus2. The large numbers are handy for my old eyes!

Ditto!:D:cool2:

I'm with Dave here. The Pro Plus 2 has a big, uncluttered display. I don't know of any other computer from any manufacturer that has such a big display.

-Charles

Back
Top Bottom