Pairing a DS-125 and a DS-160

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mucksavage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi there

I have a lone DS-125 and need to find it a mate. As the 125 is no longer available I am looking at matching it with the new DS-160.

Anyone have experience, opinions, thoughts on how they match and work together. I am about to go on a dive trip so need to make a fast decision as I have a chance to pick up a DS-160 this week.

Thanks

Using a DS125 and DS160 together should work perfectly for you. This is an especially nice combination since their battery packs are interchangeable and you can use one charger for both of them.

If you need specific information on how to connect both of them, please let me know what camera & housing you are using.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

no probleme if the ds125 serial numer is 2238 ???
I have the same housing !

thanks

I'm sorry to have to recant my previous statement, but I've just stumbled across a more accurate answer.

You should be able to use your original (pre-2500) DS125 strobes in manual mode with the housing and a sync cord. Set the housing electronics to manual (which cancels the preflash) and choose a manual power setting on the Substrobe(s). I haven't tested this myself with an original DS125, but I believe it will work correctly.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom