Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcostanza

Reaction score
# of dives
Good afternoon...
As there are many here that have dove Gilboa in the past I thought I'd make a quick post.

Just wanted to do my part to help Mike get the word out that the water at Gilboa is "warm" and you should come on out. He has made some improvements (if you haven't been there in a few months) and has a couple more impressive ones up his sleeves as well, one of which is a work in progress.

Best Regards

Don

biscuit7 once bubbled...
Define warm.......

R

I'd bet that warm at Gilboa means liquid...

Diversauras once bubbled...

I'd bet that warm at Gilboa means liquid...

Nawww...he means the water in the shower.

Considering that I'm diving Gilboa this weekend, I just couldn't be happier to hear about the liquid thing!

R

wb416 once bubbled...

Surface temp was around 56°F last weekend, thermocline is down to 20-25ft.

Now that you asked... quite warm actually!!

So that's why I was so comfortable during the "you know what" class! I thought it was just all nerves keeping me toasty!:wink:

diveski01 once bubbled...

So that's why I was so comfortable during the "you know what" class! I thought it was just all nerves keeping me toasty!:wink:

Probably! Although the "pressure" may have contributed!

I think doing skills just above and below the thermocline would be a pretty subtle way for an instructor to screw with someone's bouyancy, especially if they're using their drysuit as a BC.

later, bob

P.S.
I don't think you have to whisper "...you know what..." class... :D I don't think anyone here cares:)

"Define warm......."

:)
..."warm" being somewhat subjective description, I purposely left the temps out... heck the last several weekends have had people in wetsuits so how cold could it really be???

WB416 covered the temps so those of us that dive in the midwest or anywhere else in the northern part of the hemisphere should consider that "fairly warm".

Best Regards

Don

wb416 once bubbled...

P.S.
I don't think you have to whisper "...you know what..." class... I don't think anyone here cares

I just didn't want to trigger all the whiners: "Why does EVERY thread HAVE to become a thread about DIR??????":boom: Oops - guess I'll be getting flamed for that one, eh??:wacko:

Anyway, Gilboa was very pleasant 2 weeks ago. Of course the hot showers, a good tent, and good sleeping bags with a 5'10" warmer didn't hurt either! It's very important to stay warm between dives :eek:ut:

With our planned dive travels we're having a difficult time planning our next jaunt to Gilboa. Might not be until late July or August at this rate. ;-0 Actually that's a :D

Back
Top Bottom