Navarre-Pensacola Beach Road 3-8-09 Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Took the wife, in-laws, and my camera and decided to take a Sunday drive from Navarre Beach to Pensacola Beach. We took the recently opened road along with some spring breakers and locals, who like us where sight seeing.

The closer we got to Pensacola Beach, the more overcast it became. Here are a few shots from today. Not very good conditions for taking pictures....

There is a lot of sand piled up in places. The saddest thing is that the broke asphalt is still spread all along the beach, on both sides of the road. The sand is more black then white in a lot of places

NewNavarreRoad.jpg

There was a yellow flag on Navarre Beach and red flags on Pensacola Beach
NavarreBeach-1.jpg

For those that know the area...that is the Portifino condos you see in the background.

NavarreBeachPortifino.jpg

NavarreBeachFence.jpg

As a local who grew up here...it was a bitter sweet ride. I am glad to see the road opened again...but it is sad to see the lack of beach and dunes that we now have along this stretch. The Gulf of Mexico is VERY close to the road in a number of places. I am sad to say, it will not take much of a storm to wash some sections of this road out again.

Thank you so much for the pics!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom