Underwater Hunting Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike001122

Registered
Reaction score
I have seen this course on some dive shops websites. I have always been interested in spearfishing so I was wondering if anyone has taken this course and what did you think about it. Also if you have taken it where and would you recommend taking it there? If you aren't too busy could you also tell some of the details of the course too.

i have not takin the course my dive instructer told me it was a wast of money althow he was the teacher. he said that it was mainly fish id and safty but u do not need it so save the money and go with an expernced spearfisher.if you have any ? i can give you his email address.

zak jessen

Thanks for the feed back. I was wondering if it was a waste of money. I didn't know if maybe they taught you certain ways of stalking fish or something like that. I will do like you said and try to just meet some people that are experienced and learn from them instead of just giving money away.

Hello Mike
Mike there is some money involved in the class yes, but the benefits are well worth it for a new diver picking up a gun for the first time. I stress this more for the Saltwater SpearO. I'm not an instructor or pushing no Dive shop. Most instructors will teach you to stalk your fish you will be taught where to place the shot for what we call a kill shot. I know it sound childish but you will be taught you equipment. By the way do you know how to string a fish? or better yet some are done different for example the Trigger fish. Many a divers has done a cute little dance underwater with one of these little buggers strapped to their side.

I could go on and on giving examples but I think you get the hint do yourself a favor and check into the class again it would be well worth it

Mike001122, I'm not sure if you are local as it is not listed in your profile but our Dive Club (West Florida Dive Club) in Pensacola Florida has a 5 time world Champion Spearfisherman, Cameron Kirkconnell coming to our meeting on April 7th at the Quality Inn in Gulf Breeze at 6:30PM to teach you just that, then if you want more you can come the following night pay $25 and get more tips/tricks etc. And there will be light snacks and beverages provided as well as a close door sale on spearfishing equipment. Then if you want even more you can go the following day on a spearfishing charter with Cameron! This in my eyes is the best way to learn and for a small fee you can also get your hunter collector card from the LDS while being instructed by a World Campion. Is there anything better?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom