Underwater photography course recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only on FB now as he's only running trips and not really teaching formal classes. He will do workshops now and then if the person is willing to work with his schedule. He's mostly retired from teaching. I listed him because he can be persuaded to occasionally offer private training. No idea why this is coming up in German. FB is weird
There is a David Haas Photography in Hamburg, Germany.

I would not pay the money to a "wannabe professional UW photographer" for one-to-one teaching (as many offering such courses are). Instead read the book by Martin Edge (cited above), even better to my opinion (didactically excellent) is "Underwater Photography Masterclass" by Alex Mustard.

Afterwards a course within a small group and learn from a real master, who is very patient and didactically skilled (I made two workshops so far and can only recommend his workshops): WORKSHOPS – ALEX MUSTARD

Wolfgang
I couldn't agree more with Wolfgang's comments. I learned more on my first underwater photography workshop with Alex Mustard than I would have learned in any other course. I wrote an article about that experience back in 2011 that was published in Underwater Photography Magazine (see attached - starts on page 34 "Red Sea Relish").

I have since been on 18 of his workshops at last count. I couldn't recommend Alex highly enough.

Attachments

• UwP61_compressed.pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 27
I am an experienced land photographer. I am very happy with those skills and photos. However, I am very disappointed in the underwater photos I have been taking. I cannot seem to get well focused shots, well lit shots, and frankly they are boring. I am curious about attending an underwater photography course to get some one-on-one instruction. Does anyone have any experience, advice, and/or recommendations for such courses?

I am an experienced land photographer. I am very happy with those skills and photos. However, I am very disappointed in the underwater photos I have been taking. I cannot seem to get well focused shots, well lit shots, and frankly they are boring. I am curious about attending an underwater photography course to get some one-on-one instruction. Does anyone have any experience, advice, and/or recommendations for such courses?
Hi, if you come to Bali, I organize one-on-one photo courses. You can do from 1 day to set the basics to a 5-day course. we start with theory and setting the goals of the day. Then 2 dives on the best dive sites east of Bali. We can do wide angle with the USAT Liberty in Tulamben or some nice drift dives but the highlight here is macro photo. We're lucky to have some of the best "muck" dives. Harlequin shrimps, rhinopias, and seahorses will be your model here. don't hesitate to check out my website Underwater-videographer to see what underwater photo courses we can offer.

I couldn't agree more with Wolfgang's comments. I learned more on my first underwater photography workshop with Alex Mustard than I would have learned in any other course. I wrote an article about that experience back in 2011 that was published in Underwater Photography Magazine (see attached - starts on page 34 "Red Sea Relish").

I have since been on 18 of his workshops at last count. I couldn't recommend Alex highly enough.

Hi, if you come to Bali, I organize one-on-one photo courses. You can do from 1 day to set the basics to a 5-day course. we start with theory and setting the goals of the day. Then 2 dives on the best dive sites east of Bali. We can do wide angle with the USAT Liberty in Tulamben or some nice drift dives but the highlight here is macro photo. We're lucky to have some of the best "muck" dives. Harlequin shrimps, rhinopias, and seahorses will be your model here. don't hesitate to check out my website Underwater-videographer to see what underwater photo courses we can offer.

I follow your YT channel and watch all of your videos. You are great!

I will certainly get in touch when I decide to go diving in your part of the world. I am a photographer and want to get into UW videography.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom