Diving in Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stanw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am leaving for Spain on Saturday and will be in Madrid and Barcelona. I am currently going through my certification course. I have done 3 ocean dives already.

1. Can anyone recommend any places to dive around these areas?
2. Can I do any sort of diving there without yet being certified?

Thanks.

Hi,

A fantastic place would be north-east of Barcelona, the Medes island. I've been there myself last year and was thrilled by the amount of fish! I went with these guys: unisub.es

And certainly no, you won't be able to dive without being certified. These are highly professional people.

How far NE of Barcelona are they? We're planning a trip in July starting in Barcelona, then moving
down south and finally over to Faro, Portugal. Looking for dive site/op recommendations along this route.

Unisub in l'estartit is about 100km NE of Barcelona at
42° 3'15.33"N
3°12'6.55"E

Compared to the drive to Faro, Portugal of 800-1000 mls that's pretty close...

Unfortunately I can't help you with other dive sites in Spain. Have fun!

Go to the Medas islands from L'estartit or alternatively see if you have a chance to visit Lla Franc or Cadaques (salvador dali's village). Both charming villages with some dive centers.

Hi!

All these places recommended worth a visit. I think the best are " Illes Medes " a Natural Park just in front of L'Estartit 1 km far away from the coastline.

I'm afraid that all Dive Centers will ask you for a certification, which is compulsory to dive in Spain.

Enjoy in Spain!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom