Bonaire Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plsdiver4377

Reaction score
The border between Western NC, Upstate SC
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking to go to Bonaire in January. Would like to get everybodies recommendations for dive ops., places to stay, and combinations.:) Best, good, bad, and the ugly.:wink: Thanks

We have talked a lot about Bonaire here over the years, do a keyword search to find the threads. There are lots of good places on Bonaire, both resorts and dive ops. From what I can tell, which place is best is kind of like which car is best, depends on what you want/like. If you want more upscale, the try the Plaza. Mid priced places, Buddy Dive (my choice), Sand Dollar, Lions Dive and Captain Don's to mention a few. There is even a bunk house, seems like it was $20/night if that's all you need. You will want some form of vehicle while on island, we like a 4dr PU truck. When compairing packages, be sure to compair like packages, for instance, some come with vehicles, others don't. I would NOT get any all inclusive packages (except for breakfast, we have that included in our package). There are a lots of good restaurants on island, way too many to get stuck eating at just a resort. The resort restaurants are good but I like to eat around. try going to www.bonairetalk.com Its a good board where you can get lots of good info. there are several people on island the frequent the board, including the board owner. Also try www.infobonaire.com lots of good hotel info on that website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom