Looking for Dive Computer Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sanjac

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello All,

I am looking for a good dive computer software program. Any suggestions?

I have an Aeris T3 and a Genesis ReactPro. The software for both is okay, but they both have some issues (software bugs). I'm looking for software that will read from both Dive Computers, that has a good graphical representation, has at a minimum the detail that the DC manufacturer software has, isn't bug-ridden, and preferably (but not necessary) can print out to a dive log size (5.5" x 8") so I can place it in my dive log book.

I appreciate in advance any help you can provide.

Jim

Thanks for the suggestion, kyphur. I was looking at something more along the line of SharkPoint, but without all the errors in their version (and the exhorbitant cost for the more fully featured version). I would like to have the ability to display the single and multi-level dive graph like in the hand-written logs and the chart that can plot your depth vs time, air useage vs time, nitrogen levels vs time, SAC, etc.

Hi Sanjac:

It is great that you want to take the time to plot your depth, air and nitrogen versus time. It will definatley make you a better diver! Be sure to add ascent rates to what you track/graph!

I use the dive log software provided with my dive computer (Sherwood Wisdom 2) and it is great. What I genuinely appreciate most about the software is the amount of graphical feedback it provides me about variations in my depth and rates of ascent. It is one thing to read -- and intend to observe -- the guidelines for rates of ascent and safety stops taught in open water classes. It is quite another to recieve detailed post dive feedback that shows how I did in intervals broken down into mere seconds. It has really been both a humility pill and a positive challenge. I have been diving for 38 years and I have to admit that I am much better at monitoring my depth, rates of ascent, air and safety stops as a result of converting to a digital dive log.

While the Wisdom 2 works great for me -- my 50 year old eyes need big numbers :), it definately wouldn't make any sense for you to buy yet another computer just to get their software. I have several friends who complain about the same problems you have with the Aeris software. When you find the 3rd party solution you are looking for, please be sure to post it. It is obvious you know exactly what you are looking for and I have a feeling there will be a quite a few ScubaBoard readers who will be grateful to you for the help!

P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom