Ft. Pickens Dive Report 6-24-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After the rain I was a little hesitant about going out to Ft. Pickens again today (6-24-09), but man am I glad I did. The tide was acting like it was supposed to today and my wife and I splashed about an hour prior to the predicted high tide time of 11:09 to slack conditions with 15 to 20 ft of visibility (with some areas even a bit better) with water temps of 75*. All of the particulate from yesterday had settled down and as long as you didn’t hover too close to the bottom the visibility stayed very nice. I had things to do later today so we just did one dive lasting 75 minutes with a max depth of 50 fsw. I don’t know what is up with the toadfish, but there had to be one under almost every rock I looked at, which was pretty cool. There are quite a bit of white anemones amongst the rocks as well. I got some good pictures today, but I won’t be able to post them for about a day or so. I would definitely try to get out to Ft. Pickens tomorrow or sometime this week if you have a chance.

Thanks for the report. Can't wait for the pics! I'll be out there Saturday with the West florida Dive Club if you can make it!

Ok, here are a few pics from the dive:

00111.JPG

0058.JPG

0075.JPG

0135.JPG

0153.JPG

0214.JPG

0163.JPG

0243.JPG

0274.JPG

0306.JPG

Back