Anyone doing anything around AL, GA, or SC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hotpocketdeath

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking to get in some bottom time and would like to know if anyone is going to any of the Quarries or lakes in the area and wouldn't mind a tag along.

Just looking for some dive buddies :D

Hi, hotpocketdeath! (what an "interesting" choice of user name LOL)

I dive at Alabama Blue Water Adventures pretty frequently....www.divealabama.com...

I think I'm kinda busy for the next two weeks...but maybe sometime mid-July?

Yah, anytime is good for me.

Even if it's a weekday. I have to use my vacation days for something. I ended up losing 2 or 3 days last year cause I didn't use em.

As for my username. I've been using it as my internet name for a few years now. Used to eat them all the time. Not so much now because I try and watch what I eat better, but I kept the name.

If you don't mind driving about 4 hours, there's some great diving in the Florida panhandle with excellent visibility. I will be at Morrison Spring Thursday afternoon and Vortex Spring Friday morning with an OW student and you're welcome to tag along on the dives.

Talk with Britt at Madison, I am sure he can hook you up with someone. We did two dives on Sunday, Viz was 15', bottom temp of 62, top of 83. If you have not been to Madison, here is a link to it. Better Diver Madison Quarry

Dive Sports is doing a Thursday nite dive, you must sign up at the shop.

Night Dive at Madison Quarry

The quarry will be open on Friday, Sat,and Sunday of this week.

If you don't mind driving about 4 hours, there's some great diving in the Florida panhandle with excellent visibility. I will be at Morrison Spring Thursday afternoon and Vortex Spring Friday morning with an OW student and you're welcome to tag along on the dives.

Yah, that sounds good. I'm certainly going to try and join you. Already got approval for that day off from work to join you at Morrison.

Talk with Britt at Madison, I am sure he can hook you up with someone. We did two dives on Sunday, Viz was 15', bottom temp of 62, top of 83. If you have not been to Madison, here is a link to it. Better Diver Madison Quarry

Dive Sports is doing a Thursday nite dive, you must sign up at the shop.

Night Dive at Madison Quarry

The quarry will be open on Friday, Sat,and Sunday of this week.

Madison is certainly on my list of places to go. Including diving with Dive-aholic, I would have two dive weekends planned in a row. If nothing else comes up afterward, I'll give that Britt fellow a call.

Yah, that sounds good. I'm certainly going to try and join you. Already got approval for that day off from work to join you at Morrison.

Great! Looking forward to meeting you. Just look for the big silver van with my avatar on it. There will most likely be a jon boat following it around, too. We plan on being at Morrison around 1pm.

Hello hotpocketdeath,

I dive Lake Jocassee in South Carolina a good bit. It is about 2.5 hours up 85 north to devils fork state park.This viz can very there from 10-20'. Water temperature is at 70 degrees around 60 feet right now. That can very also depending on the thermocline(s)! There are some good dive shop charters up there or shore diving, whichever you prefer. Shore diving, the viz is usually less depending on how many students are in the water. But they have a dedicated boat ramp just for divers.

Check them out!

OFF THE WALL DIVE CHARTERS (864)944-DIVE
Scuba Shop Spartanburg SC      

Last edited:
Talk with Britt at Madison, I am sure he can hook you up with someone. We did two dives on Sunday, Viz was 15', bottom temp of 62, top of 83.

thanks for that temp report. I'm headed out Thursday. still a little chilly on the bottom.

how was parking? it the parking area still covered in water?

Madison is certainly on my list of places to go. Including diving with Dive-aholic, I would have two dive weekends planned in a row. If nothing else comes up afterward, I'll give that Britt fellow a call.

If you want to dive Madison, do it this year. no guarentee it'll be open next year if the Waterboard gets its way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom