Las Vegas area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The link above is an old link and not up to date. Lake Mead has suffered a severe decline in water level over the past few years due to drought and many of these old sites are no longer viable.

For instance, the above link refers to the Batch Plant dive as being located in 70 - 90 feet of water, but it currently is completely above water.

For shore diving, most divers are now going to Kingman Wash. It is perfectly suited for newbies - easy shore entry, gentle sloping bottom, decent viz and fish life and some depth if you want it (I got to 96 ft a few weeks ago, but the lake is still dropping). This is the site where my dive shop conducts all of their OW certification dives.

Kingman Wash is located across Hoover Dam in Arizona, it is 34 miles from my dive shop in LV to the site, including 4 miles on a dirt road.

You could also try a boat charter, they seem to come and go, but here is one that I think is still operating:

scuba diving,lake mead,lake mead charters,las vegas scuba diving,dive boats lake mead,padi dive boats,dive boat charters,diving lake mead,lake mead b-29,charters,cruises,dive charters,scuba diving,charters lake mead services,lake mead recreational di

i heard about a charter offering a drift dive but i dont have any REAL info

Wow! I did not know Lake Mead has taken such a hit!
Thanks
The lake elevation has fallen from 1214 ft in Jan. 2000 to 1095 ft as of June 2009 and is still falling.

Could you recommend a dive shop? We'd have to rent our equipment.

As I mentioned, we ARE newbies (less than 10 dives)...

pawclaws, who is your LDS?

The lake elevation has fallen from 1214 ft in Jan. 2000 to 1095 ft as of June 2009 and is still falling.

As of a couple years ago, according to the park ranger, Lake Mead was dropping an inch per day.

maybe its time for "LAST CALL" for Los Angeles, i hear the B-29 isnt even a tec dive anymore,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom