Save-the-Drive-Home Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Do

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have put off getting a save-a-dive kit because, well, nothing has ever gone wrong before, so why would it next time? But, I finally broke down and got one. Today was my first dive since buying it. Well, the dives went wonderfully. But, on the way home I had an issue with my car that would have prevented my making it back. I pulled out the multi-purpose tool that comes with with the kit and . . . fixed the car. Well worth the price of the kit! I may not every go anywhere without it.

ok, well, I have been the beneficiary of others benevolence enough to pack/dive with extra to selectively pack my own save a dive kit based on my dive equipment. So far, I have only called 1 dive, but it could have been much worse if I was not amongst friendlies :)

Donna

I bought a ''save-a-dive'' kit years ago. Never used it for myself but helped at least a dozen of other divers with o-rings, tools and straps...

I've also had a kit for several years including straps, tools, greese, etc and even an mask. So far it's been used a dozen or so times to help my friends rather than me.

The trip before last I loaned a fin strap and the trip before that a mask (because theirs had a buckle brake). I first started carrying one years ago when I had an o-ring blow.

And here I though it was a typo.

A MacGyver tool can save your hinee in countless ways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom