Going to Desting for my OW!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wogs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm heading down to the Jettis at Destin this coming weekend for my open water and Im pretty pumped. What can I expect to see out there?

Haha well thats good. Im pretty excited. We dive 3 times on Saturday, and once on Sunday.

Focus on your class and skills, get your fun dives in after class :)

I have been taking full advantage of the pool at the Dive shop and working on my skills and have them down pat pretty much, hopefully I will be as calm in the real thing as I am in the pool

I just got back a few hours ago and still pumped. We planned the 3 dives of the day for the end of high tide and tried to get slack tide, but that was kinda messed up due to the bad weather. All I can say it was alot more fun/interesting than the pool. The visibility was great and it was really cool seeing the tropical fish, toadfish and some sort of puffer fish. The last dive we did we got out near the anchor and 3 of us in the group saw a shark swimming out on the sandy party (it was pretty small though).

We ended up going to Morrisons Springs for our last dive just for a little variety and it was different. Im glad I was talked into wearing my farmer johns. The visibility was pretty much 0 until you got near the platform then it was crystal clear. Our Instructor took us down to the mouth of the cave so we could feel the water coming out which was cool in itself.

The most amazing thing I have ever done and Im hooked now. Vortex Springs this coming weekend!

Congrats....when you want to go out in the gulf, just say the word.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom