A piece of gear I can't find anywhere!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sid101

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all since some time ago i have been trying to find something i have only saw three times, i have seen it in "the big blue" the movie, is the diving equipment used by the diving doctors with red suits, also have seen it in an old documentary and not long ago in some animal planet show again (Jeff corwin) in another episode he used a snuba set called "sea trek" but is not that.

it's basically the same diving gear we all use and know but with the diference that there is no mask, has a bowl that goes completelly dry over your head and wich water doesnt enter, i dont know if it works by demand but seems like it, the people that use it never use a regulator in their mouth, and when bubbles come out they do form the back of the helmet thing.

I don't want to buy one but i want to knwo about it.

The "bowl" is completelly clear and goes all arround the head i think is a completelly dry set up like the helmets used by comercial divers but no hoses or anything, completelly autonomous.

I have tried to look for images of it all over internet but havent been able to find any, just a lot of snuba stuff they use in resorts and stuff like that.

I know it's a very vague description at best but since i havent been able to find any pictures of it and my english is not that good i dont knwo how to explain it. Does someone know what i am talking about?

Anything like this?

FOS%20Cozumel%2006%20-%20(5)400.jpg

No, thats not it sorry, i got a lot of those images when i has looking, the system is completelly autonomous and these have a hose form the hookah system, imagine all your regulat scuba gear but no mask or regulator, just a transparent bowl over your head and you breath normally.

If you don't mind I'm going to move this down to the equipment forums- more people will see it there.

Looks expensive. I just wish that someone would make a wrap-around mask so I could see to the sides.

They do ..
A windowed mask will allow looking to the sides (but it will be a disjointed view)
And the Hydro Optic mask has a field of view far greater than any flat mask

That bubble helmet is interesting, but I sure would like to know more about the provisions for alternate air

"Talent" helmet.

The mind boggles.

I mean- how do you stick your finger in your ear to scratch?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom