Proper adjustment of BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ebbdiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a newbie and ahve been taught that when the BC is adjusted correctly, you should be able to insert the wide part of a closed fist under the cumberbund. That makes the BC just kinda float around me. Is that the way most divers wear them?

When I had a BC with a cumberbund, I always closed it about as tightly as I could. Any looser and it floats around, especially when you get to depth and your suit compresses.

ebbdiver once bubbled...
Hi all, I'm a newbie and ahve been taught that when the BC is adjusted correctly, you should be able to insert the wide part of a closed fist under the cumberbund. That makes the BC just kinda float around me. Is that the way most divers wear them?

I was taught that the cumberbund was to fit snugly and that the buckle that connects over it should fit loosely as you described. In this way you get a comfortable supportive fit.

Try this method and see if it helps.

Welcome to the board. Dive happy dive safe.

Enjoy the ride
:mean:

Thanks guys! That makes more sense, since the bladder slides loose on the strap, that would allow for expansion without the squeeze.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom