ScubaPro MK11 DIN Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronhend

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I have a SP MK11 that I want to convert to DIN.
All of the kits I find list that they are for MK16, MK18, and MK20.

Does anyone know if these kits will work on a MK11?

Thanks,

Ron

Yes the kit should work just fine for the MK11.

I have used the same din kit for MK11, MK16, MK17, MK20, MK25, and MK2+ first stages. The only changes I had to make were the location of the o-ring seal on some of the 1st stages.

Jim Breslin.

Thanks Jim, I really appreciate the info.

Ron

The Mk 11 is just an unsealed version of the Mk 17, so the regs are identical in that area of the reg.

Also, Scubapro uses a "universal' DI kit on their regs and the same basic kit works on everything except the Mk 5. A Jim stated, on the unbalanced fisrt stages, it seals using an o-ring in the middle of the retainer while on the balanced regs it seals with a smaller o-ring on the end of the retainer.

I am trying to get 5 - 300 BAR DIN converter kits for oceanic CDX-5. I have checked the regulator end thread and it appears to be about 0.620" diameter and 24 TPI. I have been asking about and it appears a difficult one to resolve. I did however find that my Mk 11 Scubapro DIN fitting is also 24 TPI and screws in just fine. Is this kit a generic kit and thus would fit my CDX-5 as well?
002.jpg003.jpg005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom