need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

S

Scuba Diver 03

I dive in the Pujet Sound. All I have Is my OW training. its 40-45deggrees in the water. I'm only 13 and I'm wondering if I sjould get a 7mm and freez:waaaa: or should I get dry suit training stay cozy:flamy: ?

to add to this. I have a U.S. DIvers regulater thats proby 10 years old. its a conshelf 22. I havent tested it yet. Do they do good in cold water. and do they also breath easy to 100ft thanks:)

Dude, I have to belive you should really explore this diving thing a little more. based on this post as well as the other post I responded to. If you are breathing off a reg that is ten years old and have not tested it, you are asking for problems. I would certainly hope your instructor warned you about the problem with regs that are not built for cold water. I would also wonder why you are concerned with the 100ft mark. I do not know what the viz in your area is but I do know cold water. If your planning on going to 100ft with only open water level experiance and equipment that you are uunsure about and thermal protection your are not comfortable with, you are really asking for trouble.

I would suggest you get with your instructor/divemasters at your LDS and seek there guidenance. Diving is a lot of fun, if done properly with the right training. I think you need to get with your people at your LDS and get a plan. Do not be crushed if you do not get very many responces to your post. get a real idea of what you want to do and what you need to do and I'm sure these guys will bestow all of there wisdom on you. If you do not dive safe there is no reason to dive. Just my thoughts.

Scuba Diver 03 once bubbled...
I dive in the Pujet Sound. All I have Is my OW training. its 40-45deggrees in the water. I'm only 13 and I'm wondering if I sjould get a 7mm and freez:waaaa: or should I get dry suit training stay cozy:flamy: ?

to add to this. I have a U.S. DIvers regulater thats proby 10 years old. its a conshelf 22. I havent tested it yet. Do they do good in cold water. and do they also breath easy to 100ft thanks:)

Didn't I just read that you just got your OW, why are you thinking about going to 100'? Put that old reg in the trash or on the mantle, it will a cost a tonto service it and they aren't that nice by today's standards anyways.

Get into a DS course.

And, bro, becareful how your post questions, they are really coming off as trolls, you are 13 not 6.

YIKES!!!!!!! I paid 320$ for the reg!!! and thats alot of money for me!!!. Can I get it referbished or somthing. you didn't answeir my other questian!

YIKES!!!!!!! I paid 320$ for the reg!!! and thats alot of money for me!!!. Can I get it referbished or somthing. you didn't answeir my other questian!

I've only been diving a little over a year, and even I know you got ripped! Why on Earth did you spend that much on a reg that is 10 years old? You could of bought a new one that is made for cold water. Heck, I got my first and second stage for only $212

And yes, you should think about getting a dry suit course. But only when you have enough experiance and are ready for that responsibility. If you get hypothermia, it will mess up your dive and put you at risk for an accident. Why thrust that upon the shoulders of your buddy?

SLOW DOWN!

First, who are you planning on diving with? Hopefully, a diver with some experience.

In respect to your regulator, who sold this to you and why didn't you do some homework on this reg before buying it?

NO, don't mess around with the drysuit until you have ALOT more diving experience, you just got your "learners permit" with your OW cert. Take bite size chunks here. Go with a 7mm suit for now and just get comfortable (far more than you are now) being on scuba before making any big investments. Since you're 13, you are going to grow alot in the next year or two, no need to drop that kind of money on a drysuit that will be way too small next year.

Stop, think things through. My next question is this, where are your parents in all of this? Will at least one of them be diving with you? Why is it I get the feeling they arn't showing alot more supervision than is apparant here? They should be just as inquisitive about thier 13 year old kid's new diving persuit.

And what's with the intention to dive to 100 feet? You are a brand new OW diver. Stick with shallower. 60 feet or way less. You're starting to scare me here.

Next question, who was your instructor and what shop is he'she out of?

Inquiring minds want to know.

-Dennis

Scuba Diver 03 once bubbled...

GQMedic once bubbled...
SLOW DOWN!

Next question, who was your instructor and what shop is he'she out of?

Inquiring minds want to know.

-Dennis

This is the question I want answered. I know dive shops have to make a living but who has so low of morales they would prey on a 13 yr old. Selling unsafe uquipment ( jumping to conclusion but but high percentage I am right) to anybody is wrong but scubadiver 03 has not even really lived life yet. If this is the case I would like to see the name of the dive shop plastered all over this board so everyone will steer clear.

I got my new gear yesterday at Discount Divers. I got a used U.S. Divers conshelf 22 1st stage 2nd stage and a octo. I also got a new mako knife and 400 tek light for a total of 420$. I got Padi OW cert in Akumal dive shop in Mexico. I've never gone to 100ft. my max was 65ft. My dad dives but my mom doesn't. My dad does't know much about dive gear. hope this helps:rolleyes:

What is Discount Divers Return policy??? I would see if you could return this item, and use the money towards a new/newer model at your Local Dive Store. I suggest that you do not buy online anything that is crucial to diving (i.e regs, tanks, BC's). Go ahead and buy watches, or weight or gear bags online...

If you are on a fixed budget, try buying from your LDS some of their gently used rental gear.

Dale

Back
Top Bottom