DUI vs DUI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phoenix

Club Web Master
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, in the process of getting a DUI Weight harness, however I am unsure which to get, the DUI site lists the ONLY difference between the Weight & Trim 2 and the Wright & Trim Classic is that one is available in S M and L and one in S M ML L XL XXL
however the two pics do look somwhat difference (waist buckle for instance)

does anyone know the primary differences
and if so could they list them, and thier prefered model
I will be getting it next time in in the states as its about $150 cheaper over there, damn DUI stuff is pricey over here, lol

cheers

oh yeah, and do they come with those nice little bags in the pics? :wink: lol

The old ones only come in three sizes, and the new ones come in six or whatever, that is true. they do come with the little bag, yes...

There is a little bit of a design difference between the new and the old ones. Its tough to describe, but basically the new ones have thinner webbing on the shoulder adjustments and they have a little padding stuff over the shoulder straps. The old one is just like 2" webbing all the way around.

There is no difference in how the weights attach and release from the harness, those are the same...

I actually prefer the new style, looks more stylish, and is nicer than the old one. However, it is very easy to get a size that is too big for you. You should be sized out properly...

If you are coming to the Boston area, check us out: www.ecdivers.com

We are DUI dealers, and we have the new style in stock...

LUBOLD mentions all the differences i see for myself. Hes absolutely right about the sizing and look. I have the trim2 and very happy with it. Its not as bulky as the classic. My decision was easy-the classic M was too small and the L was too big, hence I got the trim2 ML which fits perfectly.

When I was looking at the two models, I was told by the DUI rep that another difference is that the "Classic" allows the weights to be adjusted forward and back (as well as up and down), the newer model doesn't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom