Broken Uwatec Bottom Timer- Need Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimbocollett

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I have an old Uwatec bottom timer that I've been using for a while but when i finished my last dive it got stuck and now says it is at a depth of 0.6m although it is out of the water. The screen is still working as if i put pressure on it, the depth changes and the timer starts to work.

Does anyone know what is wrong with it and if I can do anything to fix it?

Thanks,

James

Have you looked to see if it has a reset button? Are the batteries user replaceable?

There might be "gunk" caked on the transducer/sensor that's causing it to think it's under water. Take it out of the boot and give it a thorough rinsing in warm water for a couple of hours, agitating it at regular intervals. Then dry it out and see if it turns itself off.

If not then there could be something wrong with the sensor itself, in which case I don't know what to tell you. What's pretty sure, given the price of them is that replacing it is probably going to be cheaper than getting it fixed.

R..

Back
Top Bottom