Dive software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPAPPAS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone recommend a real good computer program for logging, calculating dives, equiment and maint. schedules as well as buddy lists. etc... It does not neccessarily need to connect to my dive computer - just a program that can be a one stop shop for me ,im trying to find one that can do it all - The program with my Sherwood Wisdom 2 is very limited - but what it does do - it does well.

john

I like my Smart Trak by Uwatec -- you don't have to hook to a dive computer to add lots of dives. Go to Home - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC, hover over "Uwatec Products", and click "Software".

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went throught the same issue and ended up with Diving Log 4.0 (Diving Log 4.0 - scuba logbook software for diver - dive log, scuba log)

I was using the Suunto Dive Manager software that came with my Vytec, and it was ok for logging individual dives, just didn't have any summary reporting or analysis features using ALL the dives as data.

Diving Log has a lot of summary reporting and graphing which make it easier for me to see if I am progressing over time with things like SAC rate, downtime, etc.

You can get a free demo download that will store 10 dives to play with it using the link I provided. It also imports from a bunch of current dive software databases and has direct upload links to quite a few different computers.

I use a Mac and the software that came with my Atom 2.0 does not work on it (I did not want to partition my system and load XP). I found MacDive and have been happy with it. It's freeware and the developer was quick to answer any questions and is receptive to taking suggestions for improvements.

I have used Tim's Dive Log he has done a good job putting together a simple but useful dive program. Search it out on this forum and I will try and link a post as well. Tim is one of our fellow forum members, although he has not updated the program in a bit.

I also us SmartTRAK now but before I got my computer and it's software, I made this Excel spreadsheet. It worked pretty well, you can add or take away anything that you like or don't like and it's free. I posted it under the "DIY" forum recently but here it is again.

Attachments

• Diver Log.zip
    91.1 KB · Views: 65
I use a Mac and the software that came with my Atom 2.0 does not work on it (I did not want to partition my system and load XP). I found MacDive and have been happy with it. It's freeware and the developer was quick to answer any questions and is receptive to taking suggestions for improvements.

I was wondering if somebody could help me. I just purchased an Atom 2. I used it on my dives and now have been trying to use MacDive to download my data onto my Mac (MacBook Pro Intel, OS 10.5.8). I downloaded the driver recommended by the MacDive developer, which identified the port for the dive computer. I connect the cable to the computer, which initiates the PC 120 count, and hit import Atom 2 on MacDive. MacDive starts to "look" for the computer, But then I get an error "error contacting dive computer". :confused:

On the computer side, all the numbers appear on the screen, and after a second or so, it goes back to normal time mode.

Has anybody else experienced this? Any help provided will be appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom