Looking for Buddy - Blue Heron Bridge - 10/24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcgowman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've never dove Blue Heron Bridge before and am itching to try it. Would love to tag along with someone familiar with it who doesn't mind sharing their knowledge of the place. I'll be in the area on Saturday, 10/24. Anyone up for going?

If I undertsand what's been written about BHB, I should be checking the NOAA tide charts for the Port of Palm Beach to gauge my entry/exit times. If I'm reading their chart correctly, on 10/24, high tide is at 01:22PM. Thus I should be hitting the water a little before 01:00PM and out before 02:00PM. Can anybody confirm?

Thanks in advance.

We'd be more likely to get in around 12:30 (or even perhaps a little earlier) with a 1:22 tide. Spend 20-30 minutes looking around out in the mooring area in front of the beach before heading to either side of the bridge, to allow the current to slack off a bit.

Not planning on being there that day, but we usually get in the water about 45 minutes before high tide and go straight to the bridge. You can get in an hour or better dive... You can dive on the other side of high tide for a little while, just pay attention to the currents and visibility.

Ken

Also, there is a chance we might go there that day, but it is completely dependant on the weather, our schedules, what else is going on, etc.

Our dives usually end up being 100-120+ minutes, we usually creep around slowly though since we are looking for little tiny critters

I appreciate the info. Will plan to get there earlier then. Am happy to get the extra bottom time.

Is it advisible to attempt both the east and west ends of the bridge into one dive? or just concentrate on one? If the latter, is either end 'better'?

It is definitely possible to do both sides, and many people do this, however we generally always just do one side, both sides are great so we alternate based on our mood.

I ended up diving it with DebbyDiver on Friday instead of Saturday.

Did the west end only. Great dive. All the great reports were true. Will definely be back.

Glad you had a good time!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom