crossbow underwater..?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joco

Registered
Reaction score
Ok anyone shot a real crossbow under water.??

those it work.???

i no you can lost some power cause off water fornce on the limbs but still..might still get a lot off power left.

so anyone tryto shot a real crossbow underwater.?

thanks.

joco

There would be a trememdouse amount of energy lost due to the string and the limbs causing resistance underwater. A crossbow would have a definite advantage over longer conventional bow limbs (more mass/resistance). A compound bow style cam would probably certainly have less drag underwater since the limbs bend just slightly. Also I do not know just how durable this type of equipment would be with saltwater use. The bolt shot from the crossbow would have to be heavy 1,200+ grains, since it needs the kenetic energy to punch through the now water instead of air environment. Some equipment and techniques may need to be changed/modified but the idea certainly has potential. Hope this helps.

true that you will loose some force.

but those limbs on croosbow can sometime be very short so..not that mutch resistance on the water...a 200 pound could mabe get down to 150 in water..? as an ex.

mabe have real short limbs on it..and then it would work perflecly..mabe.

hanks

joco

I would be worried about the salt water environment on the equipment.

no salt here...:D

but those not have to be a real crossbow could be a home made one..just use that ideal.

you can use rubber and some little limb etc.mmm?:confused::idk:

joco

I think the kickback would be horrendous due to the limb resistance. I would think that the stock would move back instead of the limbs forward, and the crossbow would literally jump out of your hand. The bolt would probably land 4 ft in front of the crossbow.

Ok anyone shot a real crossbow under water.??

those it work.???

i no you can lost some power cause off water fornce on the limbs but still..might still get a lot off power left.

so anyone tryto shot a real crossbow underwater.?

thanks.

joco

Where in Quebec you from? I'm in montreal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom