Will the winds ever die down in S. Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ft.lauderdale diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
:shakehead:Ok all you Floridians--- being new to the area is this weather typical in November? Should I not expect to get much diving in for the rest of the year b/c of these 15-20 knot winds?:shakehead:

:shakehead:Ok all you Floridians--- being new to the area is this weather typical in November? Should I not expect to get much diving in for the rest of the year b/c of these 15-20 knot winds?:shakehead:

Most years yes. This year has been the most favorable (least windy) in 30+ years. I just called Jupiter Dive Center and they are going out tomorrow. Those brave souls that dived today (commercial divers) reported 100+ vis. I will be sitting in my office chair thank you very much! :peepwalla:

Diving during Oct 15 - Jan 1 is often not doable for most charter operations 30-40% of the time based upon my historical recollection...

Yup, hit or miss this time of year. But hey, we still get more hits than most of the rest of the world in the winter.

Nov is historically a bad month along with Jan & Mar. Dec and Feb are more 50 to 50. But with Ocean all blown out, take a road trip north to the springs....they are almost weather independent...plus you can clean all the salt from your gear

Joe

I just received an invite to dive out of Boynton tomorrow. Was warned it might be bumpy, but with this fever and cough, the only place I'm diving into would be my bed. :shakehead:

I can wait a couple of days. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom