where to stay in keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikwho

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are traveling to the keys this feburary. We would like to stay in key west for a few nights and key largo for a few nights. I'm looking for reccomendations for hotels. Looking for something cheaper(<$80/night) but not a dump. Thanks for your help! Nik

The radisson in key west was amazing had a beutiful pool and the rooms were very clean with nice white sheets and a comfy down comforter. Dennys is also attached to the hotel for an easy breakfast. The hotel sits on the north end of the island. It's only 1 mile from the action. It gets my vote. We stayed 4 nights and don't regret it 1 bit.

$80 might be hard in Key Largo. I know that Holiday Inn, Ramada and Suites of Key Largo all run around $99 a night. But these 3 hotels are where the action is.

yeah, after looking, it does not look like we are going to find anything for $80/nt. I checked the radisson and it quoted me $189.99 per night!! i'll check out the Holiday Inn, Ramada and Suites of Key Largo. Thanks, nik

so, where are you guys booking for that price? all of those hotels are coming back with about $180 per night when i look online. maybe im doing something wrong? Maybe speargirl can work some more of her magic and get me good prices! She has been a huge help planning our wedding down there. Thanks for your input, guys! Nik

Last edited:
Here's my input.

First, I'd rent a townhome or condo from Speargirl...it's gonna be more than $80 but the grounds are AWESOME (two pools, fish-stocked snorkeling pond, real sand beach {rare in the Keys}, jetty, marina, close to everything, very nice accomodations) and you can cook most of your meals right there instead of going out for very expensive local dining...cooking in will close the gap between the cost you seek and what lodging costs down there. And hey, instead of spending three hours in a restaurant (yes the wait for a table is long and the service is slow) you'll be at home and can get to the adult playtime much sooner. :wink::wink::wink:

Second, if you decide to go for hotel/motel lodging, well it's your honeymoon, just bite the bullet and spend it and don't look back. Cut corners elsewhere but don't cheap out on your honeymoon. Just sayin'. :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom