My Google Earth Project!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBrett22

Lionfish Slayer
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everyone I am working on a big Google Earth project I am making the FL SPA Zones in Google earth with exact coordinates and everything it's going to be really cool I will attach it in a few hours once I finished it. :D

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
That's pretty awesome!

Thanks!! I am trying to see if there are any other SPA Zones to add there half to be more. LoL

You don't know what a SPA Zone is ??? Okay Np a (SPA) Zone is a "Sanctuary Preservation Area"
Have fun reading- LoL

These are regulations that apply throughout the entire area of the Sanctuary, including other protected areas and Sanctuary zones. The purpose of these regulations is to protect Sanctuary resources from both direct and indirect threats. These regulations focus on habitat protection, reducing threats to water quality, and minimizing human impact to delicate resources. The following activities are prohibited Sanctuary-wide:

* Moving, removing, taking, harvesting, damaging, disturbing, touching, breaking, cutting, or otherwise injuring, or possessing any living or dead coral, or coral formation, or attempting any of these activities, except as permitted by the FKNMS regulations
* Discharging or depositing trash or other pollutants.
* Dredging, drilling, prop dredging or otherwise altering the seabed, or placing or abandoning any structure on the seabed.
* Operating a vessel in such a manner as to strike or otherwise injure coral, seagrass, or other organisms. attached to the seabed, or cause prop-scarring.
* Having a vessel anchored on living coral in water less than 40 feet deep when you can see the bottom. Anchoring on hardbottom is allowed.
* Operating a vessel at more than idle speed/no wake within 100 yards of residential shorelines, stationary vessels, and navigational aids marking reefs.
* Operating a vessel at more than idle speed/no wake within 100 feet of a "divers down" flag.
* Diving or snorkeling without a dive flag.
* Operating a vessel in such a manner which endangers life, limb, marine resources, or property
* Releasing exotic species.
* Damaging or removing markers, mooring buoys, scientific equipment, boundary buoys, and trap buoys.
* Moving, removing, injuring, or possessing historical resources.
* Taking or possessing protected wildlife.
* Using or possessing explosives or electrical charges.
* Harvest and possession of marine life species -- tropical fish, invertebrates, and plants -- except in accordance with rules 68B-42 of the Florida Administrative Code.

You don't know what a SPA Zone is ??? Okay Np a (SPA) Zone is a "Sanctuary Preservation Area"
Have fun reading- LoL

These are regulations that apply throughout the entire area of the Sanctuary, including other protected areas and Sanctuary zones. The purpose of these regulations is to protect Sanctuary resources from both direct and indirect threats. These regulations focus on habitat protection, reducing threats to water quality, and minimizing human impact to delicate resources. The following activities are prohibited Sanctuary-wide:

* Moving, removing, taking, harvesting, damaging, disturbing, touching, breaking, cutting, or otherwise injuring, or possessing any living or dead coral, or coral formation, or attempting any of these activities, except as permitted by the FKNMS regulations
* Discharging or depositing trash or other pollutants.
* Dredging, drilling, prop dredging or otherwise altering the seabed, or placing or abandoning any structure on the seabed.
* Operating a vessel in such a manner as to strike or otherwise injure coral, seagrass, or other organisms. attached to the seabed, or cause prop-scarring.
* Having a vessel anchored on living coral in water less than 40 feet deep when you can see the bottom. Anchoring on hardbottom is allowed.
* Operating a vessel at more than idle speed/no wake within 100 yards of residential shorelines, stationary vessels, and navigational aids marking reefs.
* Operating a vessel at more than idle speed/no wake within 100 feet of a "divers down" flag.
* Diving or snorkeling without a dive flag.
* Operating a vessel in such a manner which endangers life, limb, marine resources, or property
* Releasing exotic species.
* Damaging or removing markers, mooring buoys, scientific equipment, boundary buoys, and trap buoys.
* Moving, removing, injuring, or possessing historical resources.
* Taking or possessing protected wildlife.
* Using or possessing explosives or electrical charges.
* Harvest and possession of marine life species -- tropical fish, invertebrates, and plants -- except in accordance with rules 68B-42 of the Florida Administrative Code.

I copy and pasted from Regulations in the Florida Keys NMS

I Just Noticed i can't attach it is to big =O

OK, I opened Google Earth, then I clicked on your file and selected "run" and I see SPA zones but I'm not convinced they are the ones you did...what tags did you put on yours? (Not saying you didn't do the work Brett, I'm saying I'm not sure I downloaded it correctly).

If I am supposed to "save" instead of "run" where to save? I know I could figure it out on my own but it's late and I have other stuff to complete tonight.

It's a cool project to work on, Brett! Is this for school or just for fun?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom