Can you recommend some dives in Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyingvisit

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey - Long story short, I got certified PADI OW at the end of July/beginning of August. Have since done 2 dives off Clearwater, and 2 dives in S.C. Will be back in Tampa area between Jan - April and want to get some serious weekends of diving in, and I'm looking for some recommendations of really great dives to do.
So far, I've looked at a weekend in the Keys, and saw the Creature Feature dive (can't remember who that was with, but I think I saved the thread :) ). Thats the sort of thing that really appeals!! I'll also be doing some diving off Clearwater again for certain.
I'm pretty happy to drive around the state for some nice diving, distance is not too much of an issue. My only real limit on the dives would be the depth/difficulty as obviously I don't want to dive too deep as I'm not yet qualified (or to be honest that confident). The only other issue is that I rely on charters/insta-buddy set ups, where I don't need to be with a pre-arranged buddy, as I don't really know anyone to go diving with!
Based on that - anyone got any really good recommendations of "must do" dives?
Thanks in advance!

Morrison Springs, Ginnie and Troy Springs for freshwater, Panama City Jetties and several of the boat dives in the area for some salt water. and the nice thing is morrison is only 35-40 minutes from Panama City

So far, I've looked at a weekend in the Keys, and saw the Creature Feature dive (can't remember who that was with, but I think I saved the thread :) ). Thats the sort of thing that really appeals!!
That is Captain Slate's Atlantis Dive Center. :wink:

If you want an experienced buddy dive out of Boynton Beach with Underwater Explorers. Divemaster of the Year Kevin Metz dives with everyone and he will point out all the cool stuff and navigate you to the best parts of the reef.

Paradise Springs is in Ocala. Blue Grotto and Devils Den are right outside the town of Williston (west of Ocala). I dive Paradise and Blue Grotto regularly. In case you don't know, the springs are 72 year round. It's all personal comfort level but a 3mm works for me. Let me know if you need more info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom