Key West in 22 days...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

McCainiac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
What are some good dives to hit besides the Vandenberg? I'll be around for 4 days and ALL I wanna do is dive for my birthday!!!

depending on your level of certification, there are plenty of wrecks to dive. One of my favorites being "The Curb" it rests in 187' with the deck at 162' and first structures at approx 130'. However, I must say that in the 4 or so days you will be here, the Vandenberg will have plenty to offer! We could always hit the Cayman Salvage Master in 90'. Aside from that, the reef dives are abundant. A privately chartered boat can reach some areas to the West (ie, Marquesas and Dry Tortugas) that provide some incredible dives! Feel free to give me a call. We run trips 2x daily.
Mike

this time of year the winds stir up the keys vis big time. it may take a day or two for the particulate matter to precipitate out . The interesting thing about the Vandy is since its out side the reef ,it often has 50 ft of vis while the reef line out is milky. then it wins by defaut , the only game in town w/ vis. and the deeper wrecks of course.

depending on your level of certification, there are plenty of wrecks to dive. One of my favorites being "The Curb" it rests in 187' with the deck at 162' and first structures at approx 130'. However, I must say that in the 4 or so days you will be here, the Vandenberg will have plenty to offer! We could always hit the Cayman Salvage Master in 90'. Aside from that, the reef dives are abundant. A privately chartered boat can reach some areas to the West (ie, Marquesas and Dry Tortugas) that provide some incredible dives! Feel free to give me a call. We run trips 2x daily.
Mike

How far are you from 0 Duval Street Mike? I only have my AOW and EANx so can't hit the deeper stuff yet:/

Temps ranging from 66 - 70 F, dependant on depth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom