Free Lunch!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Kreider

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, here's the deal...

We're driving down from Maryland to Palm Beach, FL to do some diving with Jim Abernethy. We dove three different weeks with them in the last two years and this boat & crew are 1st class and the diving is great.

We're diving Sunday March 28 @ 8am & 1pm, Monday March 29 @ 10am, Tuesday March 30 @ 10am, and Wednesday March 31 @ 10am.

So, here's where the free lunch comes in. FOR THE FIRST TEN PEOPLE WHO REPLY TO THIS THREAD AND ACTUALLY BOOK ON ONE OF THESE CHARTERS and you are not already booked by now and you dive with us on any of these charters and bring a print out of this post, I will buy you a sub and a soda for lunch. (One lunch per person max for the week. If you dive with us 2 or more times, it's still just a single lunch, but we'll be happy to dive with you) So, why am I doing this? Well, right now there are not enough people signed up to run the charters and we're coming all the way from Maryland. So, this is my way of trying to make sure we don't waste our vacation and get a few more people on the charters so they go.

I hope to see you on the boat! Book your charter now, reply to this post, and remember to print this post and bring it with you.

Tom

Sounds good. Wish I could join you regardless of you buying lunch or not, but alas, I am working...

That's a very nice offer from you!

March can be unpredictable for wave hieghts, so alot of locals will wait until 2-3 days prior to the dives before booking on a boat. That's why no one is manifested this far out. That week is part of spring break in many schools down there and if weather is nice, the manifest should fill up.

Have a great vacation!!

It's a great offer, but I do not spend any of my recreational $$ on ANY operation that actively sets up and feeds sharks just for 'photo ops' for divers.

It's these same operations that have made sharks equate divers/snorkelers with food, and why spearfisherman (like me) get harassed in the bahamas while spearfishing.... It's gotten to the point off of Grand and Walkers that you can't even poke around without being shadowed/harassed immediately by the 'locals'.... wasn't like that 10,15 years ago....... :no:

They wanna feed sharks, they don't get my money.

Man I would love a free lunch but will be back home already!
Well I will not bash any opp,its just you guys one day should try Boynton Beach,Palm Beach is ok<,JA boats well ok,,,dive sites=fair, but down in Boynton Beach you realy can see some reef/wrecks what ever floats your boat!I dive with Kev with,at
https://securec7.ezhostingserver.com/diveboyntonbeach-com/indexs.cfm
have fun diving and yes spring break is starting so boats will fill,,
Brad

The reefs in Palm Beach are great too.

That being said if you did consider diving with Kevin you would be able to go out with far fewer people.

I guess I should close the loop on this thread...

We had a great four days of diving with Jim Abernethy's boat on the Palm Beach reefs. After Sunday, the weather was great. My youngest daughter is now certified AOW. Not a single person took me up on my offer of free lunch. Don't the PB locals read SB?

Special thanks to Cap't Jim, Cap't Shawn (her AOW instructor), Laz (best dive guide on the planet), and Christine (office manager extraordinaire).

This was my third vacation with JASA and it will not be the last. Maybe not even the last this year. :D

Try again in the summer after the water warms up and you might get more people to come for a free lunch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom