Key West water temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

centralhome

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am going down to Key West the the last weekend of this month. What are the water temps usually like the end of March? Will I need a wetsuit, and if so about how thick?
Thanks for any info you can give me.

looking at the depth sounder right now it is 67.6 degrees water temp in Key West. That's drysuit weather for my wimpy butt.

looking at the depth sounder right now it is 67.6 degrees water temp in Key West. That's drysuit weather for my wimpy butt.

and I bet you got the heat on at home!
Its got to warm up soon,down in two weeks and 67deg well it aint speedo:shakehead: weather but a full suit and hood will do!
Brad

I was just in Key Largo and Key West last week -- water temp 68 degrees!!! Hopefully, it will warm up by the time you get down here but it's been unseasonably cold this winter. I'd bring a full 5mm -- at least! Personally, as a warm water wimp, I wish I had brought my drysuit down there last week!

Thanks for all the replies.

I just got off the Eagle off of Islamorada. It was 71 at 100'.:D

Full 5mm and hooded vest for me, especially for 4 dives per day and potentially chilly surface interval.

Good diving, Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom