General survey on age....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just curious ........

How old is the oldest ACTIVE diver any of you out there in SCUBAville may know?

I read about a guy somewhere in the carribean that was 85 and still actively diving...Im not sure how old Jacques was before he officially decided 'enough was enough'...

Betty Pratt-Johnson is, I believe, 73.

I also have a friend who's 73 who dives regularly ... but since he retired he only dives in warm-water places like Caymens, Coz, and Maui ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Mike is still diving with Olympus and I'd guess he is over 80, still a better diver than most too.

I went on a live-aboard trip with people other people from Boston. One woman was 76 at the time. I couldn't believe it cuz she definitely didn't seem it. She's still diving and that was 3 years ago. Although she also only does the warm/tropical trips.

On a humurous side note: What's the deal with never being able to escape St. Louis? Crappy Diving I take it?

Diversauras once bubbled...
Mike is still diving with Olympus and I'd guess he is over 80, still a better diver than most too.

That is the choice up here...

really though, diverjed I am here because of my job, and the dependancy on a paycheck.

I have never lived inland before and I really hate not being near the ocean, and I see no way to get moved back near the sea since we, like everyone else, are down sizing. I think my next move will be at retirement. I make 2 or 3 trips a year to the coast but it isn't like 200 dives a year I am used to.

kingdiver once bubbled...
I'm 92. I outdive peers 70 yrs younger than I.

Weren't you 81 in an earlier poll?

Edited: Oops wrong person. But your Pic doesn't match that age...

Knavey once bubbled...

Weren't you 81 in an earlier poll?
Edited: Oops wrong person. But your Pic doesn't match that age...
I was thinking the same about that pic and the age (1911 ='s 92)...That picture and his age the deep blue must be a fountain of youth ;-) ....I say You go kingdiver, if this info is true....I only hope I am able to do the same at that age!!!

There we have it: Diving brings about the youth in all of us!

If any of you are going gray and sagging a bit, you need to dive more!

Back
Top Bottom