DAN Membership...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coliseum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Can DAN members tell me if the DAN membership is worth it? I am considering becoming a member and although the $35 a year is not a back breaker, but is it really worth it?

DAN Insurance is GREAT worth every penney, and goes a long way to giving you a lot of security in terms of emergency care and expenses, should you have an incident while diving; additionally, DAN professionals offer expert advice to medical professionals that treat you in a dive emergency, who otherwise might not be experienced in handling dive emergencies; cheap insurance for what you get zeN

WHat about the other benefits... frankly I was not considering the insurance part but maybe I will now...

I think NOT having the DAN insurance is a huge mistake. The benefits are excellent, the care and information they provide is top class. There was a guy here who did not want to pay any extra money for insurance and got bent somehow. He had to pay 4500€ for the chamber fees. I guess he feels pretty foolish for not spending 75€ on his insurance fees.

Can DAN members tell me if the DAN membership is worth it? I am considering becoming a member and although the $35 a year is not a back breaker, but is it really worth it?
Yes, it's definitely worth it! The number of stories I've heard first-hand from bent instructors and other divers who've been helped by DAN are amazing. The common factor has been that DAN has never argued about treatment or refused payment (like some insurance companies can do, at least over here) but sorted things out immediately. $35 is cheap for peace of mind. I have a friend who has his DAN badge and number laminated on his wing. I'm considering doing the same ... :wink:

Ok, god bless the Internet... I am now a proud DAN Member.!

P.S. does their Master plan insurance apply worldwide? or US only? I live in the Middle East... ANy one knowS?

good move coliseum, hope you never need them. i think the plan covers you any where, but since i am not sure i recommend you call DAN. they are very helpful. wish you many years of safe diving.

With most inssurance - well all of it actually - you never plan to use it, BUT if the need should arrise you will be very glad you did buy it.

It is much cheeper to have DAN for 10 years than have one DCS trip to be recompressed and have to pay for it out of your own pocket.

No one plans to get DCS but it happens butter to be safe than sorry.

I'll let you know my opinion a bit later. I'm still try to settle a claim and so far I've had a bit of a run around, lost paper work, and the regular insurance hassles. My opinion is starting to change a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom